Board of Psychedelic Medicine and Therapies
The Board of Psychedelic Medicine and Therapies (BPMT) is a national certifying board for psychedelic practitioners working in a therapeutic setting and is sponsored by the Players Philanthropy Fund, a 501(c)(3) organization. With the increasing legalization and decriminalization of psychedelic medicine, there is a growing need to regulate such therapies to ensure safety and national accessibility. This Certification Board is a core component to provide licensed clinical practitioners with a legal pathway to administer and safely guide participants through psychedelic assisted therapy. Moreover, like its mission, the role of the BPMT is to ensure the competent, safe, and ethically delivered practice of psychedelic medicine, throughout its many multifaceted, culturally, and contemporaneously diverse applications, while ensuring equitable access and availability for all.
The Executive Director (ED) will be responsible for managing and directing the launch of this new, national certification entity and they will help guide BPMT’s critical role in developing this emerging field in mental health care. They, in concert with the Board, will build the organization to ensure that the proper processes, procedures, and practices are in place to certify professionals in the practice of psychedelic psychotherapy. The ED is responsible for overseeing all operations, strategic planning, and ensuring the growth and fiscal responsibility of the organization. It is the responsibility of the ED to further the mission and values of BPMT, and to hold strategic vision reflective of the roots of this work in collaboration with the Board of Directors.
- Lead a nimble team staffed to deliver a best-in-class, nationally respected and recognized certification program
- Guide all organizational activities and operations with a commitment to social justice, aligned with the principles of justice, equity, diversity, and inclusion (JEDI)
- Ensure that the organization is grounded in the sacred history of this work by Indigenous peoples and lineage holders of the field
- Implement policies & procedures that are preparatory for sustained growth
- Oversee key operational functions including human resources, finance, development, marketing, media relations, communications, board accreditation and certification processes
- Ensure organizational and certification records are properly maintained
- Manage business model development in accordance with Board and committees that will lead to being self-sustainable by 2025
- Guide fundraising activities by Board of Directors and industry partners
- Provide sound fiscal planning, prepare budgets, and monitor budget compliance
Marketing and Communications
- Develop and Implement marketing, communication, and collaboration strategies
- Cultivate and sustain long-term strategic relationships and partnerships with a variety of organizations including academic programs, agencies, professional associations, etc.
Board of Directors Support
❖ Support the Board in strategic planning
❖ Provide regular Board updates and necessary reporting
❖ Provide orientation and training for new Board of Directors
❖ Ensure Board nomination and selection process in compliance with established policies Board Accreditation Activities
❖ Foster and implement policies required for the Board accreditation process
❖ Ensure the integrity of certification in maintaining ethical relationships within the industry and perceptive of conflict-of-interest issues Certification Activities
❖ Ensure effective certification program administration
❖ Provide oversight and continual monitoring for the certification program including administrative and examination development and deliverables
❖ Minimum Bachelor’s degree in relevant field, Masters preferred
❖ Self-starter with a broad range of skills and an entrepreneurial spirit
❖ Demonstrate the ability of full range managerial, logistical, and supervisorial responsibilities
❖ Strong and artful public speaking, communication skills, and uncompromised integrity
❖ Demonstrate a firm understanding of intersectional social justice issues and implementation in organizational operations both internally and externally with a commitment to diversity, equality, and inclusion
❖ 6 years minimum of progressive management, administrative, and/or leadership experience with a non-profit organization
❖ Demonstrate the understanding of Board Governance and cooperative leadership with the Board
❖ Hold the capacity to be transparent and honest with challenges, concerns, and mistakes
Demonstrated ability to:
➢ Develop and implement organizational budget
➢ Work effectively with board of directors
➢ Develop new relationships with new donors and raise significant funds
➢ Develop and manage strategic partnerships
➢ Lead strategic planning process and implement successfully
➢ Develop and implement organizational policies and procedures
➢ Execute fundraising initiatives to help the organization meet financial goals
➢ Write and manage grant applications and fundraising proposals
- Experience with professional credentialing or developing high-stakes assessments
- Knowledge of psychedelic-assisted therapies and practices
- Experience in writing grant proposals, fundraising appeals, and press materials
LOCATION: This is a remote position for the chosen applicant who is in the United States.
COMPENSATION & BENEFITS: This is a full-time exempt position. Annual salary range is $140,000 to $175,000, plus benefits and will be negotiated commensurate with experience. Changes in compensation packages would be tied to organizational growth.
EQUAL EMPLOYMENT OPPORTUNITY POLICY: The Board of Psychedelic Medicine and Therapies values diverse perspectives and life experiences. All qualified applicants will be considered regardless of race, color, ethnicity, creed, national origin, ancestry, gender, marital status, disability, religious or political affiliation, age, sexual orientation, gender identity, or protected veteran status.